Every passing month in 2020 seems to bring about a new set of challenges. From drive-by birthday parades to unexpectedly smaller wedding guest lists, the way we celebrate has changed a lot.
With the big Halloween costume bash of years past being put on hold for most of the world, we thought it would be a good time to head to Brooklyn, NY to check in with Irene and Isaac, the husband and wife team behind bakery Sweetly by Irene.
Spending the spookiest night of the year at home doesn't need to be a drag, as long as you have plenty of sweet treats and the right playlist. So grab a pumpkin to carve, put on your Misfits or Monster Mash playlist, and check out this cookie recipe from Irene for...
Team Edward Vampire Cookies (Muahahaha)
What you’ll need:
1. Mix all ingredients in a large bowl, adding the flour and baking soda last
2. Using an ice scream scoop, form round 🍪 dough balls on a baking tray, leaving space in between
3. Preheat the oven on 365F
4. Bake for 8-10 min (until golden brown)
5. Set aside 2 round baked cookies per monster
6. Count out 6 mini marshmallows and 2 sliced almonds for teeth per monster
7. Apply the jam/jelly to your mini marshmallows and almonds and arrange in a semi-circle on to your cookie
8. Cap it off with your second cookie and enjoy your spooky treat!
|SHOP THE LOOK|